5n2 FOOD PANTRY
Our food pantry provides free food supplies to community members who are in need of additional support. These will include a variety of non-perishable and perishable items.
The goals of this program are:
1. To enable recipients to prepare meals in their own home.
2. To provide an additional food resource in our community.
3. To reduce the stigma of using a food bank.
This service is available to clients through an agency referral.
5n2 Food Pantry Guidelines
- Please wear a face mask. It is now mandatory to wear a face mask or face covering in indoor public spaces, according to the COVID 19: Mandatory Mask or Face Covering Bylaw.
- Please arrive on time for your scheduled appointment. If you have not arrived within 5 minutes of your appointment time, it will be cancelled.
- Please call us if you are running late.
- You will receive two empty grocery bags upon entrance. Please fill these as you see fit. (Due to Covid-19 restrictions, you will not be allowed to use your own grocery bag)
- Note that you may only take a maximum of two of each item, as we want to ensure there is a variety available for everyone.
- Each receipient is limited to a 15 minute time slot per week.
- Please note that our food is often rescued and/or donated. we ask all clients to check the best before date before consuming any items they receive from the pantry.
- This service is only available to clients through an agency referral.
- If clients are interested in becoming a recurring client, they should contact 5n2 staff so they can be booked for an extended period of time.